A Great Military Campground you've visited

More
17 years 1 week ago #664 by SkyWatcher
We all have the time now to do some traveling and I would like everyone to let us know what Military Campgrounds you have visited and your personal feeling about your stay there, so the rest of us can have a heads up of a great place or a heads up warning to be aware of it to save time and travel, so we can continue to see America and enjoy it's beauty. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #668 by fiatspider79
Check the reviews on each campground's page and Larry's extensive reviews. They are very good indicators of what is really there.
Glenn

More
17 years 1 week ago #674 by Free2RV
[move]Kings Bay Georgia[/move]

My wife and I traveled for the last three months of 2006, up the West Coast, across and through Yellowstone, South Dakota, etc. to Maine, Down the East Coast to Key West Fl, and then across the South through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisianna, Oklahoma, etc.

One of the best places we visited was Kings Bay Sub Base in Georgia. The people there were more than great, and the place was extremely clean, no homesteading!

There was a celebration while we were there, so we had free BBQ, and great entertainment by a bluegrass band...the only drawback was the Eastern Diamondback outside my door.

Free2RV

More
17 years 1 week ago #677 by monkey44
Well, we were there at the same time, it seems -- I have a couple photos of that diamondback -- a pretty good size too, ten rattles. And I agree, Kings Bay is one of the absolute best MWR CG's I've ever camped. Run well, and no homesteaders -- and the "guys" that stay all season (the volunteers) really do a fine job, and actually work... Hats off and a well-earned salute to the staff.

More
17 years 1 week ago #679 by Stagecoach
We love Perrigrine Pines at the Airforce Academy. Friendly folks and so much to do in the area.

More
17 years 1 week ago #682 by mkebikecop
I agree with Stagecoach that Perrigrine Pines at the Airforce Academy is a very good site.

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds