New England RV campgrounds

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #562 by skyking8
FastEagle> I was assigned to one Naval Air stations in my career, but never had the pleasure of landing a screaming jet on a postage stamp out in the middle of very deep water while coming to a rather abrupt stop. Altho, I never understood why a land based building had "decks", I do appreciate the Navy golf courses and excellent mess chow. :)

All of us were dual rated (helo and airplane) Army pilots.

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #829 by FastEagle
Hey Rick,

We have finely set our schedule and will be at the Beaver Dam Campground in Berwick, ME on 14 June. For the first time since we started RVing we have scheduled an entire trip without a Militay Campground stop in the schedule. The routes we are taking just don't have any available. They are few in yankee land.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
16 years 11 months ago #839 by skyking8
FastEagle> My intended ETD for the trip was this week, but have been delayed. Now looks like I won't be joining my buddies until 1st or 2nd week of June. Maine still on the itinerary tho. We will be in NE for better part of two months so perhaps we can occupy the same CG and swaps some war stories.

Rick

More
16 years 11 months ago #840 by monkey44
If you guys happen to get into the Cape Cod area -- do not miss Nickerson State Park ... great place for fishing/hiking/biking etc.
Usually need reservations, but also can sign up any day in the AM for vacant sites -- worth the trip if you have the time.

More
16 years 11 months ago #853 by skyking8
mm44> We have no sked or set plans, but the Cape is on the list. I'll pass the info on. Thanks. Rick

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds