Hunter Army Airfield FAM camp Savannah Ga

More
15 years 6 months ago #4591 by Bob Vaughn
A few years ago we drug our camper thru the gate and asked how to get to the fam camp. The guard told us to go thru the gate and turn left. They moved the barriers so we could make the turn. We went left and never did find the fam camp. I did not have gps then mabey it would help us find it the next time we go there. Has any one ever been to this fam camp? ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #4598 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Hunter Army Airfield FAM camp Savannah Ga
Bob,
The CG was practically non existant then, and even more so now.
It was right back at the gate by the marina, however they are currently closed, as they are putting in a new CG with I think they said 16 pads with full hookups. They are not due to open till summer 2009. I got this info from them when I called them about mid Oct (two weeks ago).
The old CG was basically dry camping, some had a water hookup, and it was right next to a small fenced in graveyard. It was about two blocks from the back gate.
Hope this helps.
Frank

More
15 years 6 months ago #4639 by Bob Vaughn
We probably passed by it because we turned around at the Marina.....Thanks for clearing that up....We then drove over to Skidaway State Park...We got lost on the base dragging our 34' foot camper....

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds