Florida to Camp Pendleton CA in Aug/Sept 07

More
17 years 1 month ago #448 by sdianel
Any suggestions on best trip route and stops for Florida to Camp Pendleton CA in Aug/Sept time frame? We prefer military campgrounds and Corps of Engineers stops to keep cost down. We like to drive about 375 miles per day. (or no more than 5-6 hours). We have plenty of time. Any things we should watch out for? Heading there for Marine Corps Vietnam Vets reunion. Haven't seen some of the guys for almost 40 years! Semper Fi. LonHo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #455 by FastEagle
Because we started full timing in FL we still home base there and schedule our trips in an out of there because our kids and grandkids live there. We have gone west out of there a lot but have never been going east or west at that time of year. It's going to be hot and you are not going to be able to avoid it. Interstate 10 west to interstate 8 and on into CA will, in my opinion, give you access to the most military CG/RV parks. You travel about the same distance as I do when I'm on a long move. You can leave late - after 9AM - and miss the morning rush hour and arrive early - before 4PM - and miss the afternoon rush hour. Good luck and keep those tires properly aired in that heat. Enjoy your reunion. I love them. They are good for the soul.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds