Coon's Creek Reservations

More
15 years 10 months ago #3638 by Trevis52
We've been trying to get into the Coon's Creek RV facility, Tampa , Fla. for a year and a half. How can one get into this facility for two weeks only? HELP !!!!! :(. Is this a facility where there are homesteaders residing? Really, does anyone have the answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #3640 by monkey44
One of the major complaints of many eligible MCG campers is the fact that Coon's Creek "allows" six months reservations up to a year in advance. So, some RV'ers sign up for the next season as soon as they arrive each year , and then everyone else is pushed out.

If you call, they will tell you they are full - and cannot accept more reservations ... technically accurate, but misleading. You can go and "rotate" through the "overflow" and "share" a number of campsites with others that rotate through the same overflow and the same limited number of "shared" campsites over and over -- while others simply sit on the same site year after year.

It appears that the "managers" of Coon's Creek have interpreted the rules (inaccurately, many believe) to allow six-month stays for some to the exclusion of other eligible MCG users. The managers seem to feel it's okay to circulate some campers in a manipulative attempt to meet DoD and MCG guidelines -- and then favor others that happen to be friends and/or long-term returning retired military ...

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #3642 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Coon's Creek Reservations
Ira,
I was on the years reservation for 13 months and was still number 200 something when I cancelled my reservation.
If anyone ever figures out how to do it, it won't last long.
When I was there last year they had plenty of overflow, dry camping, so that may be about the only way to stay for a couple of weeks. If you have one of the small Honda generators it will keep your lights and tv going and still be VERY quiet. You may have to run your bigger generator during the day to run the A/C
Good Luck
Frank

More
15 years 9 months ago #3806 by Barneys
See my post here for our experience this January.
www.militarycampgrounds.us/smf/index.php...=699.msg3805#msg3805
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

More
15 years 9 months ago #3898 by DutchStar38
I fail to see the fairness when people can't get in because of others who are allowed to stay 6 months. This kills almost an entire season for some travelers. I think when there begins to be a waiting list then the 6 months needs to be cut to 1 month with 1 month out and going to the end of the line. To bad we can't find out how many people called and was told that there was a year waiting list for full hookup. The manager needs to be fired and replaced with someone who believes in rotation not homesteading. But, I guess homesteading or 6 month stays means less paper work for the manager.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds