Patuxant NAS, Maryland

More
16 years 1 month ago #2960 by danabasket
Hello,

My family and I are looking to plan a trip to the NAS campground in June. Can anyone tell me what it is like and if there are things to do around it?

Thanks,
Dana
Dover AFB, DE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #2985 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Patuxant NAS, Maryland
Goose Creek was kinda rough shape last time I was by there (May 2006).. I'm at Pax 4-26 for a picnic and will camp at Solomons Island.. Will eye ball Goose Creek & report back, If I remember..

More
16 years 1 month ago #3000 by Retired CPO
Patuxent River NAS is a pretty nice place, if you have to be on the East Coast ;). Southern Maryland has a ton of history to explore-from the civil war to plantations to early American settlements. And we used to go to the museums in Washington, DC. As far as the camping goes, Goose Creek onboard the NAS is a little rustic, but near-by Solomons Island is great. If you are going to stay at Goose Creek bring a canoe or small boat if possible. Or you can rent when you get there. We used to paddle a canoe around in the estuary near the mouth of the river. Used to catch blue crabs, crayfish, oysters, bluefish, etc, etc. Be warned, though, by June things are going to be warm and humid.

More
16 years 1 week ago #3134 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Patuxant NAS, Maryland
Just spent the weekend at Solomons.. wonderful place..

Was over at Pax for a picnic.. Goose Creek is there.. "A" "B" and some of "C" loop have 30 amp and water.. very rustic.. dump station is by traffic circle near gate #3(NE corner of Shaw Rd & Tate Road)..

Dump Station Location

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds