Wright-Patterson/Bass Lake Campground

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #2736 by a Guest
Wright-Patterson/Bass Lake Campground was created by a Guest
FYI Be aware when you make a reservation at this campground you must pay the full amount up front, that was surprise #1. Then we found out we could not keep this trip and cancelled a month+ ahead of time to be told we still had to pay one night full stay as a cancellation fee, surprise #2. This has never happened at any other military campgrounds and at private campgrounds we will be charged from $5.00 to $10.00 (KOA) if we have to cancel. Has anyone else experienced this kind of reservation/cancellation procedure at a military campground so we can be on alert?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2737 by monkey44
I generally don't make reservations -- but on the occasions when I have, and then cancelled, it has always been total refund if cancelled in enough time ... for example, cancel at Kings Bay within two days, and full refund. Far as I know, still that way there. But as I recall, I can't remember ever a charge when I cancelled ahead of time in MCG -- only if you don't show up, and don't cancel.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2756 by utmtman
I no longer pay reservation fees because of just that. Some three or four years ago we had to cancel reservations we had in both Mich and Penn and they kept the money we had sent to them to boot and said they dont give refunds. I cannot remember the names of the parks the penn was a rv park not military.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds