Bases and MCGs

More
16 years 3 months ago #2629 by monkey44
Bases and MCGs was created by monkey44
Don't want to hijack the boondocking thread ... so, I wonder if most bases do have some sort of MCG, at least the larger bases, not the auxilliary bases.

Does anyone know if most bases do have some sort of MCG attached, wonder what the percentage of "yes vs no" with MCG is ??

I remember once in when I was traveling in Colorado I stopped and asked at one Army base along I-25 (forget it's name) about MCG to stop over for the evening ... security said no MCG, but offered me a gate key to the Boy Scout camp on base and said I could stay over there and bring the key back in the AM ... Which I did -- had the whole area to myself ... no HU, but a huge camping area. Was pretty neat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2633 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: Bases and MCGs
I know that NSB Groton has no campground, but MWR rents pop-up campers. Now there is one for you to wonder about.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2634 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re: Bases and MCGs

Don't want to hijack the boondocking thread ... so, I wonder if most bases do have some sort of MCG, at least the larger bases, not the auxilliary bases.

Does anyone know if most bases do have some sort of MCG attached, wonder what the percentage of "yes vs no" with MCG is ??

I remember once in when I was traveling in Colorado I stopped and asked at one Army base along I-25 (forget it's name) about MCG to stop over for the evening ... security said no MCG, but offered me a gate key to the Boy Scout camp on base and said I could stay over there and bring the key back in the AM ... Which I did -- had the whole area to myself ... no HU, but a huge camping area. Was pretty neat.
Just look under the campgrounds dropdown on this website and you will see which ones have a MCG.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
16 years 3 months ago #2635 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Bases and MCGs
"Just look under the campgrounds dropdown on this website and you will see which ones have a MCG."

Yes, I look there alot -- but what I was wondering about is how many bases -- of all the bases everywhere, have MCG -- what percentage of the bases ... is MCG available on most bases -- just curious, that's all -- because we only show the bases here that do, and not the bases that don't -- and we might not have all here yet either because Larry does add a new one once in awhile ...

More
16 years 3 months ago #2637 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: Bases and MCGs

"Just look under the campgrounds dropdown on this website and you will see which ones have a MCG."

Yes, I look there alot -- but what I was wondering about is how many bases -- of all the bases everywhere, have MCG -- what percentage of the bases ... is MCG available on most bases -- just curious, that's all -- because we only show the bases here that do, and not the bases that don't -- and we might not have all here yet either because Larry does add a new one once in awhile ...

Not that Larry needs defending because he does a great job with this site, but he only adds a campground to the list if he can verify that there is a campground there. From what I have seen he waits to hear from two sources, and makes sure that he has confirmed contact information for the campground.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2649 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Bases and MCGs
Yeah -- I know and agree with what Larry does -- and he does a good job ...

My question is: What percentage of bases actually have a MCG? Just wondering if most bases have an MCG, or if more bases do not have one, that's my question.

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds