Anyone going to Mardi Gras

More
16 years 4 months ago #2474 by utmtman
Anyone going this year?
Mardi Gras, which in French translates to Fat Tuesday, is officially the day before Ash Wednesday. The day is also commonly referred to as Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day and can occur anytime between February 3rd and March 9th, depending on when Easter is held that particular year. But as the celebrations in America and across the world have grown larger with each passing year, Mardi Gras, has evolved from one day into week long celebrations.
Mardi Gras 2008...the mere mention of these two words convey thoughts of: raucous celebrations, beads flying through the air, ear-to-ear grins plastered on the faces of millions of revelers, and of course floats parading through the streets of New Orleans!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2529 by rabeow
Since I am currently stationed in New Orleans, you can sure bet I'll be at some of the festivities. The RV Park here at NSA New Orleans is currently only about half full so give Wally a call and check for reservations (504-678-9230).

More
16 years 3 months ago #2533 by utmtman
Im already in Baton Rouge, staying at the Night RV Park. Yea I know paying more but got some friends living here abouts and I hate the crowds in New Orleans as compared to the crazy crowds here its just a little less hectic.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds