Diesel @ Travis AFB

More
16 years 6 months ago #1957 by UniMOG Dave
Hello:
About a year ago I, along with many others, complained to the AAFES Commander about the new gas stations at Travis and Vandenberg not having diesel fuel. The director of AAFES's gas stations called me the day after my email to the Commander and asked me to explain why this was important.
Once I pointed out the fact that diesel powered RV's and other vehicles had to go off base for the fuel, he said they couldn't do any improvements at a newly constructed facility for one year. Stay with me here, I'm getting to the point.
I just came back from ;Da trip to Travis and I saw the old gas station pumps closed while they (drum roll here) installed diesel pumps. Exactly when they will be operational is anybodys guess.
Dave T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2320 by Retired CPO
Replied by Retired CPO on topic Re: Diesel @ Travis AFB
We were in the FamCamp at Travis AFB in late October and the Diesel pumps are up and running. But the prices were no lower than off base. We are in the FamCamp at Vandenberg AFB right now but no diesel. I made the mistake of letting my fuel low level warning light come on going into Vandenberg, assuming that they would sell diesel. You know what assuming does for you. >:(

More
16 years 4 months ago #2322 by UniMOG Dave
Replied by UniMOG Dave on topic Re: Diesel @ Travis AFB
Sorry to hear about your diesel problem here at Vandenberg. And, no doubt you already know that Lompoc is where you'll have to go to refuel.

So, if you happen to see a gold colored Tundra floating around the famcamp, throw a rock at it; its me. I live in Santa Maria and I drive through the camp to see if I know anyone.

Dave T.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds