Flying J Discount Card

More
16 years 8 months ago #1683 by skyking8
Possession of a free Flying J fuel card will get you a 1 cent per gallon dicount on fuel purchases at all of their truck stops. In addition to the cent/gallon discount, diesel users will get the cash price for diesel even if they use a credit card. But here is the catch! In order to get the cash only discount for diesel fuel purchases, you must use the 18 wheel trucker side of the refueling facilites. If you use the RV only pumps, you will pay the normal non discounted price if you use a credit card.

Those who have gas only rigs lose out on any "cash only' discounts.

Beware the fine print.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1684 by oldchief46
I've been using the Flying J RV Card for years and have not had that experience. Current rig is diesel but the previous two were gas. The posted price at the pump on the RV Island is the same as the discounted price at the truck pumps. The posted price on the sign is for the "cash" price. If you pull into the RV Island you get the same price that is posted on the sign. If you use the truck island the price is 5 cents a gallon higher than the posted price. With cash, RV Card, or an equivalent truckers card you get the 5 cents taken off at the register.

Another hint, use your Discover card along with your Flying J card. You get the "caash" price, get the 1 cent per gallon discount and then get your rebate from Discover. Every little bit helps.

If you are using diesel it is best to use the truck pumps. I have learned from experience (bad) that not all diesel is the same. Some Flying J's have a separate diesel tank for the RV pumps than the truck pumps. They do not give as much action so they do not turn over as much. The diesel will then go bad pretty quick. Also, the RV pumps do not have the same filters on them that the truck pumps have. Again, I have learned from experience to only use diesel from a high volumn station that has fresh fuel in their tanks. One other reason for using the truck pumps is the bigger nozzle. I can fill my 75 gallon tank in half the time it takes at the RV pump and almost never have to wait in line for some guy in a pickup truck fills all his gas cans.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 8 months ago #1714 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Flying J Discount Card
oldchief> I have also been a FJ discount card holder for a long time and have their original issue card. I also have a credit card other than the one you mentioned that provides a nice additional discount.

I just finished a 21 state trip where I used Flying J repeatedly. On a few occassions, I used the RV islands because of very long lines at the trucker pumps. On not one of those occassions did I get the "cash only" price for my diesel purchase. The local managers told me that they only gave that discount at the trucker side. I called the corporate office and they confirmed that. Perhaps this is a recent change or there are a few local stations that do business differently. It doesn't really matter. I'm just suggesting that it would be appropriate to check the price tag on the pump to insure that one gets the most discount available.

I agree with you about getting fuel on the trucker side. I've had algae in my tanks and it's not a cheap fix! It's going to be a bigger problem now that the ill informed environmentalist have convinced the government that we should be putting ears of corn in our tanks. A good biocide additive is essential.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1718 by Wadcutter
We just returned from a 3500 mile trip to FL. Used Flying Js every chance we got. Always used the RV island. Always got the cash price when using the Flying J discount card. Never had a problem. Worked for us.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #1719 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Flying J Discount Card
Enginneer Mike.
Welcome to this board.
There are lots of good folks here and good info.

PS I reply to your message.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1751 by dcricket
Replied by dcricket on topic Re: Flying J Discount Card

oldchief>I've had algae in my tanks and it's not a cheap fix!

How did you get algae in your tanks. Never heard of that. :o

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds