Army base name changes

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #17891 by akfiredog377
I just looked at the list. This is ridiculously a waste of money. All in the name of "woke" mob. Sad to see where the military is headed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doneitall, jamesb, greyhound73772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #17892 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Army base name changes
You got that right. It serves no purpose and will only cost money and cause confusion. It certainly will not fix anything or appease anyone. Huge waste with no benefit.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesb, greyhound73772, akfiredog377

More
11 months 6 days ago #17896 by rathoth
Replied by rathoth on topic Army base name changes
No US base should ever be named after traitors much less actual enemies of the USA (aka The Union). This isn't politics and people trying to bring politics or ignorance into it should stop. This is about honoring and respecting the heritage of those who honored their oath to the US and the US Constitution. Anyone who wants to be triggered or outraged or offended by this can and will relegate themselves to the dustbin of history. The rest of us will celebrate the truly remarkable people being remembered.

Only Ft Liberty is getting a bad name, IMO. Yeah, there's a reason . Certainly there had to be some better persons that deserve the honor. But what's done is done, and it's no skin off my nose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesb

More
11 months 5 days ago #17897 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Army base name changes
To each his own. Your point that they probably should not have been named for confederate soldiers to begin with is valid....but after all this time it seems like a useless gesture at this conveniently "woke" time to change their names. Guess I'll be in that dustbin. They'll always be Forts Gordon, Bragg, Hood, etc. to me. They've been that for decades, some more than a century, and never bothered anyone and everyone knew where they were. Nobody cared who they were named for or why.....but that's been their names forever. Just seems stupid to change them now to be trendy and fashionable. Appears to be another expensive symbolic knee jerk appeasement to "woke" with no benefit except to appease recently found fake righteous indignation. I served at Bragg, Hood, and Gordon and that is what they will always be. My DD-214 lists all of them and says I retired at Fort Gordon. One day my grandchildren will wonder where the hell Fort Gordon was. I'll let the young guys learn the new names and try to remember how to spell Eisenhower.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Doneitall, akfiredog377

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds