FamCamps raising rates?

More
1 year 6 months ago #17819 by ndcallan
We have noticed that various FamCamps have been raising their rates. Buckley SFB/AFB rates have gone from $23 per night to $40 as of July 15, 2022. I checked McDill AFB in Tampa FL and found their rates had gone up also, but not as drastically. They went from $18/$22, summer/winter rates, to $22/$26, summer/winter.
What is going on? Has anyone asked the facilities why this has been happening? We have been planning a trip to Denver, but at $40 per night we will probably be looking for another place to stay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #17837 by akfiredog377
Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed your post. We have seen other FamCamps go up as well. I was told by the manager at Leitner Lakes CG last month that they raised the rates in Oct due to a law that went into effect under the Clinton era. It required military MWR, Commissary,etc to remain close in price to commercial (non military) services. Apparently they were complaining about not getting military business. Most of it was not being enforced until now. I think its a crock of BS that the military is required to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: waangret, Damon Tuscany

More
1 year 5 months ago #17838 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic FamCamps raising rates?
Rise in prices has been going on for a while now. Same thing for base fuel, BX, and commissary. Civilians complain they don't get military business outside the gates. So, as our benefits shrink, the non-military businesses gain on our retired nickels.

Some military and veterans have begun a new slogan -- "Maximum sacrifice - Minimum benefits."

Even many of the VA clinics now have gone to a six-month medical care scenario for disabled vets, instead of what was once a three-month schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds