Tiny house on military campground- NAS Key West

More
2 years 2 months ago #17720 by USCGMAN
Hello,

I am thinking about building my own tiny house on wheels (legit registered) to camp long term at NAS Key West at Trumbo in the dry lot.

My fear is that they will not allow it onto base. Any thoughts? Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #17721 by USCGMAN
Here is an example of what I would build. I think it would be more durable and comfortable for longer stays.
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #17722 by USCGMAN
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationMy dream is to work remotely drying camping at Trumbo for 60-90 days during the winter. I could build the tiny house to hold more water, mini-split air conditioner and better insulated. My fear is that I build it, drag to KW, only to be turned away at the gate saying they wont allow it on property.

I figured you guys would know best as I called Navy Bed and they had no clue. Thank you for your time.

Another example.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by USCGMAN.

More
2 years 2 months ago #17723 by monkey44
I'd send a letter to the CO of the base, include a photo ... ask the CO if it's legit to camp in it. The CO has the final say in what is allowed and not allowed. Get the answer in writing before you go, if you go. Good luck with that one :)

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #17730 by Sandman
We had a "tiny House" pass through, 2 nights maybe? last spring at MCAS Cherry Point.. Was an active duty family changing duty stations.
Sorry but I don't recall the "from and to" points of the trip. The family had an F-450 utility body and a family car. Going was slow because the little house did not like interstate highway speeds.

They had license plates and were treated like a trailer as I recall..

Also, check the campsite sizes at Trumbo.. we were there with a 25ft fiver and an F-350 and filled up our spot.

Good Luck..
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Sandman.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds