What are the rules with firearms in vehicles?

More
2 years 9 months ago #17634 by terry316
Will be traveling across southeast. Will stay at several different campgrounds is there a general set of rules when it comes to having a firearm in the vehicle? Don't want to have issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #17635 by Hank85713
All depends, some installations require that they be stored in an arms room (mainly navy/mc) others may require registering them at mp office. Generally as far as I know they dont inquire and so just dont mention unless you have a full arms room with ya. We stayed at the one in Huntsville and they never said or asked and I never mentioned. To be honest we dont look to use the mil places since most are not near where we want to go. But we have used them randomly and were never asked or mentioned that we have weapons on board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772, Old Shirt

More
2 years 4 months ago #17701 by Old Shirt
I did a little searching around at some different mil fam camps and they all will say what their rules are. BUT as Hank said, go with don't ask, don't tell. Probably the way I'll roll when we hit the road next Fall.

I go on my home town Air Base for commissary/BX runs and simply declare at the gate and say, "It'll stay in the truck". They're happy and my butt's covered.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds