CV Shots

More
3 years 3 months ago #17562 by monkey44
CV Shots was created by monkey44
Does anyone know if military on-base clinics are giving shots to spouse. We are retired USN, with TFL. I've already received Shot #1 at my VA clinic, but VA does not accommodate a wife.

Seems a bit odd, but I assume the allotment only serves the Vets in a specific clinic. Makes less sense to do one but not spouse. We're closest to the Jacksonville FL bases, and were once enrolled in NAS before we moved to Central Florida. Don't know if that matters.

Will let you all know if I can find out anything on Monday - but phone info seems tough to get at this time. Lots of recording, less personal answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #17563 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic CV Shots
Eisenhower hospital at Fort Gordon called my wife last Tuesday and asked her to come in to a "tent" clinic on Wednesday to get her first shot (Moderna). They were calling Primary Care patients over 75 years old. She gets the second shot 17 Febuerary. I've had my two shots of Pfizer at the downtown VA in Augusta. Got the second shot last Friday. Eisenhower had 2 large tents set up in the employee parking lot at the hospital and were vaccinating active duty and dependents, DOD civilian employees, and retirees and their spouse over 75 years old.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by wb4zit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monkey44

More
3 years 3 months ago #17567 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic CV Shots
Follow up: Called clinic at NAS Jax FL. Retiree can get CV shots with appointment. At this time, must be age 75 and up. Next level will be 65 and up - unknown at what date that will change.

If retiree age 75 AND spouse appear together, age of spouse is not relevant. Spouse can get shots if retiree fits current age criteria and gets shots.

If retiree gets shots elsewhere (Like the VA clinic) then spouse can sign up and get shots once spouse meets the age criteria in place at that time. I don't know if this fits all military base clinics, although it's probably military wide, at least on Con US. Best to call your own clinic and get current info.

Stay safe, ya'all .... Bill & Genie
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds