Newbie Question

More
6 years 4 months ago #16405 by Richzimme
Newbie Question was created by Richzimme
Just retired and thinking about hitting the road for a few years.

Curious about Famcamps/military campgrounds....how available are monthly RV spots at these? Seems this can be done for about $400 per month? Is that correct? Do you experienced RVers ever find yourself without a reasonably priced place to camp? Thanks is advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16407 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Newbie Question
If you click "Recreation Facilities" at the top left of this page (blue field/white letters) you get access to all of the military campgrounds. The individual campground pages, give reservation info, prices and reviews.

Personally, I wouldn't say most have monthly rates of about $400. Some do not allow monthly stays and the ones that do vary in price. For instance, Osprey Cove in Florida does allow monthly stays and rates range from $600 to $700 per month.

Safe travels. Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Swim-bike-run-1

More
6 years 4 months ago #16456 by Swim-bike-run-1
Replied by Swim-bike-run-1 on topic Newbie Question
Only $400 or less monthly rates I've seen is tent camping not RVs...

Floridacamper gave you good advise where to begin your investigations...

I suggest keep reading here, this place is gold for information, some try to play nice too much and secpticle of sharing their experiences of snafu but imo this best place for it, command can't influence this site so fakenes and misinformation doesn't exist so much...

Final advise...
As you enjoy your retirement and privs on bases remember you get one reputation, safeguard it as in watch your act around strangers in the DoD campgrounds...be vigilant that most places that have squatters/homesteaders have the small townish mentalities of insider cliques whom will try to act like they are the governing group whom own the campground...
This is especially true for Macdill...

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds