100% sevice related

More
8 years 2 months ago #14224 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic 100% sevice related
U said 80% injuries, but 100% DAV ... that usually means you got upgraded from 80% to 100% because you are rated as unemployable due to your injuries.

I sent you an email and can discuss this in detail if you email me back. If you didn't get it, check your junk file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14225 by norsado2
Replied by norsado2 on topic 100% sevice related
no I am 80% disabled but it is 100% service connected

thanks john will check that file

More
8 years 2 months ago #14245 by deckie49
Replied by deckie49 on topic 100% sevice related
Very simply, If you are 80% disabled and rated 100% due to Individual Unemployability, you are entitled to a military ID card (assuming you were honorably discharged). You have to get a disability letter from the VA. Take that letter along with proper ID to any military installation and they will issue you a military ID card. That card will allow you access to all military facilities and services. PX. commissary, Famcamps, Lodging, MWR, etc. Just like when you were on active duty. If you are married, take your wife (and kids too,I think). They will be issued a card also. In essence, your VA disability defines you as a military retiree for purposes of utilizing services. Your card will most likely be indefinite. Your wife/kids' cards will have to be renewed every few years.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14254 by JeffandVikki
Replied by JeffandVikki on topic 100% sevice related
I think he is saying he is has a disability rating of 80%, but it is all service connected.

Did you retire after 20? Were you medically retired?

More
8 years 2 months ago #14255 by norsado2
Replied by norsado2 on topic 100% sevice related
I left active duty 1974 the 80% is my va rating the 100% is that it all happened in the active duty
many thanks

john

More
8 years 2 months ago #14256 by deckie49
Replied by deckie49 on topic 100% sevice related
Norsado,
If you are 80% and no longer able to maintain gainful employment, then you can petition the va for individual unemployability (iu). That would pay you at the 100% rate and authorize a retired military id card. As far as i am aware, being active or retired military, or a DOD employee is the only way you would be able to use the famcamps.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds