tent Camping?

More
16 years 10 months ago #1222 by shaynelle
tent Camping? was created by shaynelle
We are planning a trip down the east coast and possibly across the southern states and back up to the North Dakota area. We will be tent camping and wondering if anyone can recommend some good tenting campgrounds? We may go to other areas (ie western and central states) as my husband has nine months off and so we have the time to check out wherever we take a fancy to!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1223 by fiatspider79
Replied by fiatspider79 on topic Re: Tent Camping?
most military campgrounds have space dedicated for tent campers since most of the older campgrounds started out as tenting grounds and have grown.
Good luck. Your trip sounds like it will be a blast, keep us informed.
Glenn

More
16 years 10 months ago #1273 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: Tent Camping?
When traveling around the country we use KOA a lot when there are no military campgrounds in the area. We have noticed that most of them have very nice areas for tenters. If you start using them you can join their network and receive a 10% discount. After 12 uses you will be moved up to a gold card and be given a 15% discount. I will list their web page below.

www.koa.com/tents/

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
16 years 9 months ago #1433 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: Tent Camping?
I agree with the KOA suggestion, they are really nice.

If you decide to go the military campground route be sure to let them know you will be tenting it. Even though many campgrounds offer tent these sites are less than well maintained but if you let them know that you will be in a tent they may just clean and prepare your site for tent use.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds