Directory on iPad

More
13 years 4 months ago #7984 by 95eagle
Directory on iPad was created by 95eagle
Has anyone figured out how to put the campgrounds directory on to an Apple iPad?

95eagle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #7988 by Terricarl2
Replied by Terricarl2 on topic Re:Directory on iPad
You can put it under bookmarks on the Apple I phone,not sure about the I pad, would sure give it a try. Hope this helps.

More
13 years 4 months ago #7991 by 95eagle
Replied by 95eagle on topic Re:Directory on iPad
Thanks for that suggestion on putting it under bookmarks. That bookmarks the website and yes one can than access the directory through the website.

However; what I am trying to do is to put the directory on the iPad for access without an internet connection.

I do have the directory downloaded onto my PC but since I got the iPad I find myself hardly ever using the PC.

Maybe we can talk Larry into getting an App developed for the iPhone/iPod/iPad family with the directory on it. Probably cost prohibitive. However, I would be willing to pay for an App like that.

95eagle

More
13 years 3 months ago #8096 by peterdrake
Replied by peterdrake on topic Re:Directory on iPad
I'll second that!!! It would be a great idea to be able to use it on my iPod Touch. I would def. buy it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8318 by MommaBird
Replied by MommaBird on topic Re:Directory on iPad
I, too, rarely pull out the laptop, preferring to use my iPad. I also purchased the software for my laptop since it is well worth the price for all Larry puts into the site. We all remember days pre-militarycampgrounds.us, and you could not find up to date info. Don't know if the software has the ability to port to a comma delimited file, but if it did, you could keep that data on the iPad. Would love to have "an app for that" too!

More
13 years 1 month ago #8320 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re: Directory on iPad
MommaBird....if you look under the "Files" heading at the top, then go to the Member Downloads and GPS files, Larry has a CSV file listed at the top. Don't know if it would work or not, but give it a try.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds