equestrian

More
13 years 6 months ago #7743 by Tom
equestrian was created by Tom
has anyone been to any bases in the mid west ie. ND,SD,WY,MT, that might have accomadations for horses? i would like to take a trip to the North west this summer with my daughter and bring our horses along. the only base i have been to and know of that has this type of acomadations is fort Rucker Al. any information fron someone who has done this or has info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7744 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re:equestrian
Not sure about MCG's in the Northwest, but I do know of two campgrounds in the Custer State Park area of South Dakota. One, French Creek Campground in Custer State Park itself is an equestrian only camp...each RV site fee includes one corral and additional corrals are available.

The other is the Broken Arrow RV & Horse Campground, a couple of miles south of Custer, SD. This one is both for plain old RVers and horses. The corrals are away from the RV sites.

South Dakota has some strict rules on ownership and branding. Make sure you have all the appropriate paperwork and a current vaccination record. Google both campgrounds (they both have websites...the one for French Creek is buried in the Custer State Park website). They have the rules and regulations listed on both of them.

Have a great trip!!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
13 years 6 months ago #7746 by djenson
Replied by djenson on topic Re:equestrian
Grand Forks AFB in North Dakota has a stable with a large fenced in pasture area. I have been by there a few times and there are several horses stabled there. Don't know what the rules are for people to use but it appears they have plenty of room. It is not to far from fam camp. I won't be back in the area until next March but if you need more info pm me and I will see what I can find out for you.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds