Wanted: Campground Positions

More
14 years 6 months ago #6569 by CFD465
Greetings to any Camp Director, NAF manager, or MWR manager looking for a permanent CampHost. Allow me to introduce myself. My nameis TSGT (Ret) Luis A. Serrano. I am searching for a permanent position of Camp Director, Caretaker, or whatever you need me to be.
I recently retired from the NY Air National Guard, where I was a Fire Protection Craftsman. I currently live and work on the beautiful, but expensive, North Fork of Long Island, NY. As beautiful as the area may be, I can no longer afford to live here.
I have been in the construction business for over twenty years. I have built and maintained everything from doghouses, to multi million dollar Hamptons estates, to helping maintain a small Air National Guard Base (my current job). Both my wife and I are avid campers and enjoy the military campgrounds, the outdoors, and interacting with people.
If you are looking for a self directed, detail oriented people person with enough mechanical skills to build a bridge over the lake if you need one,(OK, a small one over the Koi pond) please drop me a line via E-mail. I can be reached at [email protected].
At this point, I will move almost anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6574 by Sarge3398
Luis...

Don't know if this would help or not, but here's another source you might want to look at:

www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/62

It's the RV.Net Workcamping Forum. Good Luck!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Sarge3398.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6581 by morscuba
Luis
Checkout www.workamper.com . Its a subscription but you might find something.
Good luck

More
14 years 6 months ago #6604 by skyking8
Camp hosting is not the only seasonal jobs available on a military installation. Please do not ask me for a list. There's enough competition already.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds