Not camp hosts but a good job for retirees

More
15 years 1 month ago #5682 by AprilWhine
Hubby and I recently accepted jobs with a self storage company. We were hired as roving managers and love it!

Basically we go from site to site providing vacation relief to the on site managers or fill in during an emergency situation. We just left Colorado Springs filling in for someone who had a stroke and are now in NJ.

The company only hires "teams", usually husband/wife. To be rovers, you have to have a dependable RV. Pay is $12/hour each and travel expenses are reimbursed.

If you're interested, apply online at Mini U Storage And they love to hire ex military!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5683 by AprilWhine
Hubby says I should add: it's hard work but rewarding. Both of you must be computer literate.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5687 by morscuba
Hey thanks for the info,,Sounds like a good thing,, One question,, Do you have to go to the next job immediately or can you take a couple of weeks before reporting to the next assignment??
Thanks again for the info
Sam

More
15 years 1 month ago #5690 by AprilWhine
Depends on the situation. When a manager in CO had a stroke, the emergency team obviously could not take weeks to get there. If someone has a vacation scheduled, you have to be there to meet the schedule. But there are times when you could take a week off between assignments. But for weeks off, probably not.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5815 by bcrocker
Quick question: Will the company allow you to work only one or two areas, i.e. west coast to CO or east coast?

Barry

More
14 years 10 months ago #6062 by AprilWhine
Sorry for the slow answer ;)

No, you can not choose a work area. You have to go where needed.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds