Military Famcamp Job

More
2 years 9 months ago #17626 by gsk1140
Military Famcamp Job was created by gsk1140
This post is intended to help anyone that is current military (Separating in 120 days or less) or retired Military to navigate the Federal job process through the USAJOBS system. I am still a current federal employee with 3 yrs. left. Except for my current civilian position with the CG, I have spent most of my entire career as a DOD MWR professional. Since 1986 I've deployed forward multiple time in support of all Military branches, in S. Korea, Camp Hovey, 1987-1989 Gresewski Barracks Karlsruhe W. Germany, 1999-2000 Camp Able Sentry, Kosovo conflict, Skopje, Macedonia. 2 West Pac Deployments, 2000-2004 on board the USS John C. Stennis Fun Boss and BonHomme Richard. 2004-2008, 939 ARW Portland, OR. Air Guard base Outdoor Rec. Mgr. (BRAC 2008). 2016 – 2017, MWR Special Events Coordinator Camp Arifjan Kuwait.
As you can see my career has been spent supporting you and your families. Although my last few years are not in MWR, I still support the Military, through my knowledge, skills and abilities, helping military service members break into Federal Service.

If you or someone you know has been locked out of Federal employment because of the complex and confusing USAJOBS process, please think about allowing me to help you. The opportunities and benefits in Federal service are numerous. You have worked with many civilians in your military careers, so are familiar with what they do. You can do this too. I am constantly asked, "How do I get a Federal Job"? "THEUSAJOBSGURU.COM" Is my web site. I do not advertise, but I do need to let folks know I am here. With all due respect to those that try, The DOD does a poor job of "Transition Assistance". USAJOBS is not as easy as the 20 minutes of coverage you get prior to your separation. I am dedicated to serving you even after your service. My services are not free, but as you will see once you review my web site, my fees are not "Obscene". My experience is worth something, so I charge a fee.

I only work with one person at a time, so you get one on one attention, and you may contact any of my past clients for referrals. If you are interested in more than a camp host job, or have a friend that needs help starting a Federal career, please share this post.
Thank you. And, if you are upset by me using this forum for reaching out to those needing help, well…. I ask you, what’s wrong with me trying to help our service members.
R.
Gregg K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #17939 by ChuckB
Replied by ChuckB on topic Military Famcamp Job
Hi Gregg,
I am very interested in learning more and probably becoming a FamCamp Host. The last year I was a Corps of Engineers Volunteer Camp Host and I loved it. Several of the Park Rangers would gladly provide reference. I have been full time RV living since 2007, working online till last year. My academic background includes a MBA, Bachelor's in Education and Associates in Emergency Medicine. My occupational background includes 9 years active duty (Vietnam Era Vet), about a decade as a Paramedic, about a decade as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, about a decade as a Real Estate Broker owning my own company three states wide. I hope this demonstrates commitment, professionalism and knowledge of common motorhome maladies.

Is there a central place to put in application?
Or see what areas are in need?
Or put in applications to wait for positions to open?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Charles Bahner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds