Mississippi State Parks

More
12 years 10 months ago #8509 by dddlin
We stayed in four Mississippi State Parks in the last three weeks. All have been very nice and a real bargain at $13 or $14 night (senior rate). I think the regular rate is $20 but I'm not sure. And you don't have to be a MS resident to get the senior rate. We stayed at Paul B. Johnson SP near Hattiesburg. Beautiful park on a small lake about four miles south of Camp Shelby. We spent one night at Natchez State Park, a little older park but still 50 amp and water for just $13, and just ten miles north of Natchez right off the Natchez Trace Parkway. Lefleur Bluffs SP is right in the city of Jackson, only 8 miles from the Capitol Building. Again, 50 amp and water for $13. Our last and favorite park was Tishomingo SP about 40 miles north of Tupelo. It was beautiful, all paved sites, 30 amp and water, just $13/night. The very best site is #48 followed by #13, then #14. Sites #24 and up seem to be newer and are longer and a little wider, and best for big rigs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8515 by Mailman01
I must agree that Mississippi State Parks are a real bargain, having stayed in everyone of those you listed. Our favorite was the Paul B. Johnson SP which has been discovered by "Yankees" as a great snowbird destination, both for price and accessibility to other southern attractions. Our least favorite was the Lefleur Bluffs SP, even though it did have a great price and FHU, the place had all the appearance of a rundown trailer park. The Mississippi folks do know how to extend a courtesy to the traveling senior.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds