Visit places your a mbr of - VFW, AL, Elk, Moose

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #6485 by DoggyDaddy
Those membership cards in your wallet or purse allow you the opportunity to visit and many times stay overnight free or for a small donation. VFWs, American Legions, Elks, Moose, Lions, and other fraternal/veteran organizations welcome and appreciate :) visiting members and their guests patronage of their clubs and dinning.
At times I just stay the evening dry camping in the parking lot and other times stay a few days if they have RV hook-ups.
The VFW in Sturgiz SD and Quartzsite AZ and the American Legion in Tombstone are great places to visit to escape :woohoo: the inflated tourist prices of food and drinks.
So when your looking for a place to pull over for the night or stay a few days, don't forget those organizations you belong too who welcome your support.

Joe Kleinsmith & Ultra (Eng Bull Terrier)
SFC, USArmy Retired
Full Timer (Winter in Palm Springs, CA)
08 Class A Outlaw 37" w/Ultra Classic HD & Golf Cart inside with Nissan Frontier toad.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by DoggyDaddy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8508 by dddlin
We always look for one of these parks and have always been warmly welcomed. The Moose lodge in Eureka, CA has 14 RV sites with 30 amp and water. Very nice and only $14/night. We planned to stay just two days but had such a good time we stayed for a week. The Moose lodge in Tallahassee, FL had 30 amp and water, no set rate just a donation requested. We stayed three nights. The American Legion in Homer, AK had water and power (I think just 110) but we just left our RV there for a few days when we took the ferry to Kodiak. We stayed in the VFW parking lot in Silver City, NM for two nights. No hookups but friendly people.
I'm not sure we ever really save a lot as we always take advantage of the bar and food. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds