Charlotte NC

More
15 years 3 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5212 by pdhardin
Charlotte NC was created by pdhardin
I visited this campground on my way through Charlotte, NC last summer. It looked like a nice place to spend a few days and the price is right at $20 a night with full hook-up. I am planning on staying there 9 days starting Sat the 17th of Jan 09,on my way to Fl. My son lives close by. The web site is www.fieldridgeacres.com . If you plan on a visit, call I don't think they check their email often.

Road Dog
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by pdhardin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7101 by dbert513
Replied by dbert513 on topic Re: Charlotte NC
We're planning on spending the night there this weekend (13 Feb) on our way north and probably back south again. We'll let you know how it goes.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7102 by pdhardin
Replied by pdhardin on topic Re: Charlotte NC
We spent the month of December there, and will be back for another week in April.

Road Dog

More
14 years 2 months ago #7106 by JJnLilly
Replied by JJnLilly on topic Re:Charlotte NC
Looks like a nice spot, but too far away from our son in Davidson, NC. We generally end up staying at Lowes Speedway Campground as it is closer to Davidson

More
14 years 2 months ago #7116 by pdhardin
Replied by pdhardin on topic Re:Charlotte NC
Yes Lowes is closer to Davidson. My son lives in Gastonia. The camp ground is 12 miles from his home. Works great for us.

Road Dog

More
14 years 1 month ago #7203 by dbert513
Replied by dbert513 on topic Re:Charlotte NC
So we stayed here one night on the way north and a night on the way back south. It's convenient to get on and off the interstate. There's been lots of precipitation there lately and their water connection is below ground level. The first night the water connection was under about 4 inches of water. I went to fill a couple drinking water jugs at the bath house. The bath house wasn't fit for human use. 'Nuff said. The 2nd night on the way south the water connection was dry, but in the morning when I unhooked it was again under 4 inches of water. The folks there seemed very nice and the campground is convenient, but IMHO, it's good for a quick night stay and not any lengthy stay. As they say, you get what you pay for. I would go there again because of the location.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds