New Mexico - Rio Grande Del Norte Natl Monument

More
9 years 6 months ago #13158 by dddlin
There are seven campgrounds located along the Rio Grande on NM 570 between Santa Fe and Taos, beginning near the village of Pilar and stretching six miles northward. Two of the campgrounds have pull-thru RV sites that can accommodate most RVs. The RV sites all have 30 and 50 amp service and water. The other campgrounds are dry camping only but have a few sites large enough for RVs. $15 for RV sites, $7 for sites with shelters, and $5 for dry camping. First come basis, no reservations. Senior national park pass accepted for half-price camping. Maximum stay 14 days.

Nice area right along the Rio Grande, with fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Water is probably too cold and too swift for swimming. The paved road ends at a bridge over the Rio Grande and we recommend that you not take your RV beyond that point as the road becomes

quite rough, steep, with sharp curves.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohioguard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #13172 by amberywolf
We are from Southern NM.,sold homes and now are full timers. I remember the area you mentioned somewhat, from when I rented in Chimayo,NM. many years ago. A charming historic, colorful village!Could you tell me the names of the campgrounds big enough for RV's if you remember them??At the time I never stopped at them. Also I remember a nice RV friendly campground south of Jemez, NM, but not an exact name of this National Forest Campground, was a pretty spot. We are now in AZ.,but likely returning to NM. in March, good to know of different spots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds