America's Byway's

More
15 years 8 months ago #3976 by FastEagle
America's Byway's was created by FastEagle
I thought I posted this web site somewhere in this forum but can't find it so this should be a good place for it.

www.byways.org/

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4178 by Mustang03
Replied by Mustang03 on topic Re: America's Byway's
We like the blue highways but if we're making a 'run for the sun' because we pushed the calendar a little too much up north we will hit the interstates and make time. However, we found we don't have to drive over 55 to cover a lot of distance in a day. What cracks us up are the vehicles that roar past us at 75+ over and over during the day. We have seen some 're-pass' us up to 5 or 6 times in a 12 hour period. Not sure what they're doing that they have to pull off so many times. Lots of bathroom stops? Gas stops? Goodwill Thrift Stores?

Just as a side note, we use an overall average of 40 mph for planning purposes (as noted above, we cruise at 55). This includes fuel stops, lunch, breaks, everything. On a typical driving day, it is amazing how accurate this is.

B.N. Lavender
Capt. (LDO) USMC (Ret.)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

More
15 years 7 months ago #4179 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: America's Byway's
Hey, I didn't know what the Pacifica looked like so I went and found them. Nice 2007 floor plans, with lots of room. www.beaudryrv.com/SearchInventory/ClassA...id/4694/Default.aspx

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 7 months ago #4196 by Mustang03
Replied by Mustang03 on topic Re: America's Byway's
We got the TE-40B triple slide. Its close to being the perfect rig for us. Its really too bad National was one of the many manufacturers who closed their doors in the last year. They made nice rigs.

B.N. Lavender
Capt. (LDO) USMC (Ret.)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds