Non-Interstate/Turnpike/Thruways

More
15 years 9 months ago #3683 by DutchStar38
Any road that gets me where I need to go as long as it is not an interstate, etc. We enjoy taking every back road we can safely travel on. Love seeing the real country not just the road signs. Usually wind up stopping in places we didn't plan on because of the beauty/uniqueness of the area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3688 by maltruck8
You will never find those great little places to eat driving the interstate.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3695 by DutchStar38
I agree. It is sorta fun when I attempt to pull into a place that seems too small to handle the RV and tow because usually people come out and watch. Then when we go into eat or shop some people come up and say things like "real fancy drivin there" or "didn't think you were going to make it". Soon we are enthralled in multiple conversations about the area. I find local people are more than happy to spill the beans about their area. You just don't get this on the super hiways. You might get there quicker but it sure is more interesting to take the slow road there. After 20 years in the Navy and seeing the world, I am now ready to see the United States, one road at a time.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3696 by utmtman
I have found some of the best cafes in those out of the way places few travel to. I have also found my best prices for rv parks in those by ways and out of the way places along the back roads of America.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3737 by DutchStar38
After we park at the park we then take out our Harley and roam the local area. This way we can visit more places while there. The U.S. country side is fantastic.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3743 by Mad Dog
The wife and I like to call it driving the blue and red highways. Don't be in a hurry an take our time whenever we can. Rural America is ware in my book the real people live and what makes this country the best in the world!!

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds