Generator wont start or run

More
12 years 8 months ago #8866 by farrout
I've have problems with my Onan 7kw running. It will start, but only run about 20 minutes then cut off.

I've been told one of the major problems with Onan is the oil pressure switch. I haven't been able to find the one on mine.

However, if your's won't even kick over, that may not be it since the switch is bypassed for startup.

Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #10371 by renegade
Well my Generator now starts and runs after over a year of no use. It was the fuel pump, the OE pump did fail and the new auto style (a Mr Gasket mini) did not like to draw and would not draw that far (32 foot from tank to Gen.). Younger Bro. had one of the older style Napa type pumps( the ones we all use to put on the Hot Rods) and 5 mmin of work, and less then 2min of off and on cranking and POWER. Did the maint tune up oil chg and all has been good this year so far

MSgt. USAF Retired
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by renegade.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11385 by SkyWatcher
Also one thing about Gasoline Generators is that when the sits and no stabilizer is not used the varnish in the gasoline breaks down and gums up the carburators and jets. Frequent use at least twice a month running with a load on them keeps them running as they should along with other maintenance.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds