"improvements" to my TT

More
16 years 4 months ago #2247 by UniMOG Dave
Hello:

Instead of trading in my 07, 24' Aerolite TT, I've decided to make some changes and add a couple of things. Now I could use some input.

I want to change the windows fler clear glass to the tinted "no see in but see out" ones. Anyone know of where I could get good ones at a cheap price?

I also want to get rid of the blinds and get the day/night shades. Anyone know of where I could get good ones at a cheap price?

I plan on getting the On The Go water softener in order to keduce the hard water build up. Any comments about On The Go softeners?

And finally, I have a surge protector hard wired into the TT. However, I've seen one that goes between the power supply and the RV that provides a constant 30amp supply. Any comments?

I camp about six months out of the year and I want to try and make that time as trouble free as possible.

Thanks
Dave T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2249 by monkey44
Just a note: You ask about "cheap price" on the windows ... and I'd personally be very careful about windows that are "cheap" -- aka "inexpensive" ... because if you get dual-pane, which I suggest you do, then you might get vacuum leaks sooner than later ... so, think about spending a little more money, and then you only buy them once. Windows are a pretty important component of the RV... and I don't want to spend your money for you -- just a piece of advice from experience.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #2255 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: "improvements" to my TT
Dave
Try this site for windows..... www.all-rite.com

But just like monkey44 sez " You get what you paid for"

More
16 years 4 months ago #2268 by UniMOG Dave
I posted these same questions on rv.net and pretty much got the same answers. You get what you pay for is, well, all too true. Right now I'm looking at three options. All-Rite for with total window replacement or just the glass, professional window tinting or the tinting sheets made just for the automotive industry. Based upon cost it will be either done all at once or as I can afford it. I used All-Rite for custom window on the Unimog I used to owned. They didn't finish one of them correctly but fixed it quickly.

The day/night shades will have the same approach.

Thanks for the advice and I hope you folks have a good Christmas

Dave T.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds