Fridge

More
16 years 9 months ago #1422 by jgrgg
Fridge was created by jgrgg
Is it necessary to leave fridge running when not on road? Have full hookup storage shed. Cost about 20 bucks month to let run. Heard oil will run to bottom of compressor and freeze up after a short period of time. I keep it on a low setting #4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1423 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Fridge
I store my camper inside a heated warehouse -- I do not run the fridge when in storage ... I just switch on the AC power to the fridge a day or so before I begin loading food in it so it has a chance to chill down. Been doing it this way for five years with no refer problems.

I keep the camper plugged into shore power AC so I can use the lights and it keeps the battery topped too.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #1424 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Fridge
the oil in an a/c or refer system is designed to flow with the refrigerant. It will NOT freeze up.
A tip on your lay up of the fridge, LOOSLY wad up old newspaper (not colored funnies) and Loosly fill up the voids in the shelves and door. It will absorb the moisture and prevent mildew. (Sorry about the spelling).

More
16 years 9 months ago #1425 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Fridge
And to add info to that fridge storage -- I also prop the door open a little, so get no moisture and no mold ...

More
16 years 9 months ago #1429 by jgrgg
Replied by jgrgg on topic Re: Fridge
thanks for the tips, I will remove my beer and implement the suggestions.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds