Mattresses

More
6 years 2 months ago #16466 by Usncporetired
Mattresses was created by Usncporetired
I just bought a new to me fleetwood caravan 25ext with the slide out front bed. The mattress is worse than what we had on the Carriers. Is there a good place to get rv mattresses that don’t cost as much as a Home mattress? I have considered Just getting egg crate foam for a topper. Does that work comfortably for others?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16473 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Mattresses
We went to BJ wholesale and bought a regular home style mattress for about $250 .., have had it in camper for five years. Still just as comfortable as new.

We don't full time now, but full-timed in it for a couple years while moving around looking for a new home. Now we still camp about four or five months a year, and it's still going strong. I believe an RV mattress costs more than that, although haven't priced one lately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usncporetired

More
6 years 2 months ago #16488 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Mattresses
We have a Tempur Pedic foam mattress at home and absolutely love it. Our Lance camper had a matrees directly from Hell and we didn't want to go to the expense of replacing it with a Temper Pedic, so I did some research through Consumer Reports and found that another great foam mattress product was the Tuft & Needle mattress. We bought a Queen size direct from them and found it to be as great as our Temper Pedic. Here is a link to their website: Tuft and Needle . $575 for a Queen size delivered to your door.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds