Goose Neck vs. 5th Wheel Hitch. Which is best?

More
6 years 6 months ago #16318 by baker464b
General question to those who are or have used 5th Wheel trailers. Which is a better device, a 5th Wheel Hitch, or a Goose Neck? I will be seriously looking for a 5th Wheeler within the next 12 months, and want to know which device works best and why. I am looking for any and all comments concerning this topic, the more the better. Feel free to jump in!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #16320 by cdrcos
Many manufacturers recommend against using a goose neck hitch with a 5th wheel - some void the warranty. Apparently the stresses that a goose neck puts on a fifth wheel are different than the regular 5w hitch and can cause damage.

Be sure to check that out with the manufacturer - not the dealer, they'll tell you anything to make a sale.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
6 years 6 months ago #16327 by dubob
I currently pull a truck camper on a goose neck trailer. I have owned and pulled 5th Wheels with the standard 5th wheel hitches in the past. However, if I ever move back to a 5th Wheel trailer, it will be attached to the truck with an Anderson Hitch which uses a goose next ball installed in your truck bed. Here is a link to their website. For me, there is NOT a better choice out there for pulling a 5th wheel trailer. Check out the website and look at the videos on this type of hitch. Best thing since peanut butter IMHO.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
The following user(s) said Thank You: baker464b

More
6 years 6 months ago #16329 by baker464b
Thank for responding, could you provide the URL so I can take a look at what you were talking about?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #16330 by dubob
My bad Sir! I absolutely THOUGHT I had included the link and I see now that it did get posted. Here it is: Anderson Hitches

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by dubob.

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds