Dim lights

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #14606 by nisd221n
Dim lights was created by nisd221n
I have a 2015 fifth wheel. I am having a interior light problem. When I try to turn on two of my kitchen lights, they come on but very dim. Replaced my converted but no change. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #14626 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Dim lights
loose ground
battery not fully charged,
loose fuse
DC power is very picky, 12volts just dont go a long way
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by a Guest.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #14638 by wrvond
Replied by wrvond on topic Dim lights
Is this problem a recent development? Do all the rest of the lights in the camper work properly? Are these two separate light fixtures, or one fixture with two lights? How are they turned on? Is it a wall switch for both, or a switch on each fixture? Has any other work recently been performed in the area of these lights?
It sounds like the wires for these lights may be shorted. Are the light housings metal? You might remove them and physically check the wires to see if they have rubbed against the metal edge and cut through the insulation. Another thing you can do is use a multimeter to check for voltage between the light housing and ground. With the light turned off, place the red lead of a DC voltmeter in contact with the housing, place the black lead in contact with a ground, If you read voltage, you've got a hot wire in contact with that light housing.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #14641 by nisd221n
Replied by nisd221n on topic Dim lights
I recently changed our the converter. The light switches for the lights in question or in the switch panel. (3). I guess I'll start with the panel and check for any loose connections. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds