HUMIDITY CONTROL IN THE RV

More
8 years 4 months ago #14126 by JCSme2008
The temperature has been up and down this winter here in Virginia. HIGHS = 68 and LOWS = 35, causing excess humidity inside our RV.

I did a little research and here is what I came up with as a workable solution:
- purchased the ACURITE 02045W Weather Station, this tells me the temp outside, temp inside, and humidity inside. I placed the digital reader mid-RV.
- purchased (2) ACURITE 00325 Humidity Control, this tells me the temp and humidity inside. I placed one front-RV and the other back-RV.
- purchased (2) EVA-DRY EDV-1100 Dehumidifier, this draws moisture up to 1100 cubic foot. I placed one front-RV and the other back-RV. Quiet, small, with automatic shut-off when full.

These items are relatively inexpensive and do not take up a lot of space. Already noticed a difference in humid levels inside the RV. This technique is also in addition to the normal venting when using the shower or cooking inside.

I am relatively new to the RV (1st year), so I am sure others may have other ways to control moisture and humidity. I just wanted to make sure I protect our RV for longevity.

2005 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 38U
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxnLindsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds