Dometic Oasis Elite Door Awning Failure

More
8 years 11 months ago #13729 by johnandmari
I have an Oasis Elite door awning on our 2003 Dutch Star. When I push the extend button, all I hear is the motor running, but no awning extension. Likewise, once I manually extend the awning, pushing the retract button only results in the motor operating, but no awning movement. Before I remove the awning unit from the MH, any suggestions would be appreciated, both on the removal process and probable failure cause. I did a search on this issue, but no similar issue was found.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #13732 by LamSan
If the awning does not move when you push the button it is jamming up on the sides, what happens is the awning is unravelling inside the casing when the motor runs. You need two persons to fix it if you do not have a remote. When you push the button on the inside have someone push the left or right side of awning because it gets jammed up on the ends. When the awning comes out you need to adjust the scissor arms that extend and retract the awning by loosening the nut and moving the arm left or right when you determine which side is jamming up and then retighten the nut and try again. It may take a couple times till you get the right alignment and it goes in and out properly when you extend or retract it.

More
8 years 11 months ago #13733 by dpicard
John,

Sorry I don't agree that it is jammed. I think the plastic gear inside may be broke, common problem. If the motor is turning both directions and not doing anything. Google search I'll bet it's the plastic clutch mechanism that broke and is just spinning. Patients and it can be repaired by yourself, gotta take it down.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds