CLASS A -VS- TRUCK & 5TH WHEEL ?

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #13771 by skyking8
I have owned a TT, 5W, and now a MH. The choice has many variables, but one that is always near the top is the lifestyle. I know that others may differ, but if you tend to spend time in one place then it's 5W because you don't lose the 3-5 ft livable space of the pax/driver space in MH. If are nomadic then a MH works well. Access to everything is walk thru convenience while moving down the road. Even tho my current rig is a MH, I still prefer a 5W. But I figured out that I could buy a really nice older MH for the cost of just the truck with the proper towing capability. Storage space prevails and $$ talks.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by skyking8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #13775 by Hank85713
skyking is right about the MH and walking back to get stuff, use the bathroom its real convenient, for the PASSENGER. As a driver its still pull over and stop so no real benefit in reality. Just that you dont have to exit to enter to get to the facilities.

With that said I still stop and use the roadside rest stops for taking a break and going to the rest room. You get tired and stop stretch your legs which really does not happen in a MH, just not enough activity to really do much good IMO.

the 5er will supposedly pull better than a TT, but the cl a will require a tow vehicle which is part of the trailer system already. Best advice is to try and visit with folks who have whatever type you are interested in get the pros-cons and then make a decision hoping its the right one.

More
8 years 10 months ago #13780 by skyking8

Hank85713 wrote: skyking is right about the MH and walking back to get stuff, use the bathroom its real convenient, for the PASSENGER.

As you might tell from my avatar I am a pilot. My MH has an autopilot that allows me to get up and go to the bathroom while going down the road. And on the way back I can grab a brew from the fridge. :laugh:

More
8 years 10 months ago #13783 by Hank85713
only ones that can do that are herky bird drivers and you are showing the wrong wings for that!

Tell the CoS that she should not make any sudden braking or turns while you are out. Tell us, how do you switch over? Do you use 'the You have I got it approach with visual confirmation'?:)

More
6 years 9 months ago #16117 by janmark72

skyking8 wrote:

Hank85713 wrote: skyking is right about the MH and walking back to get stuff, use the bathroom its real convenient, for the PASSENGER.

As you might tell from my avatar I am a pilot. My MH has an autopilot that allows me to get up and go to the bathroom while going down the road. And on the way back I can grab a brew from the fridge. :laugh:

Your joke reminded me of a story. I recall back in the late 70s an Iranian student pilot was traveling in a van w/ cruise control. He did just what you described, engaged the cruise, got up to get a drink, and the van left the road and crashed. :woohoo: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds