C B help

More
9 years 1 month ago #13548 by ErnieT
C B help was created by ErnieT
I have a 35 Ft class A. Want to know what antenna would be good for the C B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13549 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic C B help
You will need to get an antenna with a built in ground wire as the coach is fiberglas. Go to a large truck stop with a cb shop and they can rig for ya. For radio, antenna and installation they quoted me around $200-250. The radio was just a basic so nothing fancy. The big cost was for the antenna and install. Since we hav a b+ he said to use my wilson 1000 off my pickup with a mount on the front fender! I would prefer a built in antenna as the front fender mounting looks awful to me. Said max height can only be 13 ft, but that really cant be right but he was the 'expert'. Since we are getting ready for summer will go back to get setup next month. The use of a cb is so beneficial I dont know why folks dont want one. The normal excuse is foul language which yes there is some particularly around cities, but like last summer had a flatbed 18 wheeler going down the road and with my hand held I was able to inform the driver that she had a axle bearing or some other issue going on with the trailer. She pulled over to check it out. On numerous occasions I have seen rv's with issues and no way to notify as most will not acknowledge other vehicles. If you dont like what on the air turn up the squelch, but have something just in case in my opinion.

Hope you find what ya need, btw I will be going to TTT in tucson for the install

More
9 years 1 month ago #13551 by majfrizz
Replied by majfrizz on topic C B help
on both motorhomes we have had I have installed thru the roof the Wilson no ground plane antenna, they also have a side wall mount. Go with the spring load so when you hit any low branches it just flexes.

US Army Retired (33 years) Active & Reserve
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP
2018 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab SLT 4WD Long Bed

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds