Cell phone and wireless data

More
9 years 2 months ago #13407 by baker464b
This is an open question to anyone. Does anyone use a Cellular Phone Services Reselling service, if so which one, and why did you choose this service provider? If you do not use a Cellular Phone Services Reselling service, which cellular service do you find the best in your travels?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #13408 by floridakamper
Here my SWAG..... The most popular cell providers for RVer's are Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, in that order. They are not the cheapest but seem to have the best coverage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baker464b

More
9 years 2 months ago #13410 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Cell phone and wireless data
We use the Verizon Home Phone we have in our house also in our RV and it is about $20.00 a month we can use to call anywhere in the U.S. without any additional charge no matter how much we use it. Our Verizon cell phone is the basic plan of 200 minutes so it goes in pocket or purse when we leave the rig and it is our emergency phone when not in the rig or to make contact with friends or family if need be while in the car or touring. We have never had a problem getting a signal on our cell phone with Verizon and the device attached to our home phone always pulls in a good signal too.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #13415 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Cell phone and wireless data
Our Verizon plane with home phone and 2 cell phones costs us $150/month. When our contract ends in March, we will be switching to Consumer Cellular which uses the AT&T towers for coverage. The new cost will be $80/month for the same three phone service, will give us 1,200 minutes (versus 450 with Verizon) and 2.5 gig of data (versus 2 gig). Consumer Cellular is the second highest rated service available (reader score of 90) and way above the big three (reader scores in the 60s). The support functions are the very best you can get and the voice/text quality is good. And the 47% savings per month isn’t too shabby either. And if I drop the home phone, I can save another $20/month which equates to a 60% savings per month.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by dubob.

More
9 years 2 months ago #13420 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Cell phone and wireless data
JMHO......you can beat Verizon's price....but you cannot beat their coverage. Some may disagree so that is why I say it is just my humble opinion.

Whatever provider you decide to use, find out whose network they run on and then check the network coverage maps on their website. Zoom in and make sure they cover all the places you normally spend time. If you are also getting a WiFi device make sure you check both their phone and data coverage maps. And make sure the reseller's contract with the network provider gives you full access to the provider's network. Some of those smaller resellers do not have full access to the network provider's "no roaming charge" agreements with other network providers so you could end up in some roaming charge areas.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772, baker464b

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds