Tow dolly

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #12794 by irishmick
Tow dolly was created by irishmick
Been away for awhile. Were looking forward to getting back on the road, looking for info on tow dolly's. Class C motor home PT Cruiser for towing
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by irishmick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #12795 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Tow dolly
You new or used? With/without brakes? Really kinda hard to say, but go to craigslist and see whats available close to you. I take it you have an automatic trans in the PTC?

Do a search on tow dolly and brakes. Most states say it has to be 3000 lbs to be required some are 1500 (I think Calif is one).

Camp world sells them I think they just had a basic one for about $750 or so if you are a member.

Just looked at GA for these:

atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/rvs/4382888412.html

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/rvd/4372060636.html

More for ya:

www.readybrake.com/state_laws.html

towingworld.com/towinglaws.cfm
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Hank85713. Reason: add info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Kelly

More
10 years 6 days ago #12796 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Tow dolly
Regarding tow dollies, you really ought to look at only those dollies that have brakes, either electric (my choice) or surge brakes. As stated above, most states require brakes based on some weight requirement, however, should you ever want to enter Canada, they require brakes – period.

Not sure about Camping World selling a dolly for $750, I think they only handle Roadmaster, which are quite pricey!! There are a number of relatively inexpensive dollies out there: Stehl Tow, Master Tow - two brands with brakes that sell for under $1200, all the way up to top of the line Roadmaster dollies for $3500!

We have used tow dollies as long as we have been RVing (’91), and, despite the many disparaging words to the contrary are no more inconvenient than tow bar/braking systems to use.

Good luck with your search,

John

More
10 years 6 days ago #12797 by irishmick
Replied by irishmick on topic Tow dolly
Thank you

More
9 years 2 months ago #13475 by Tarheel06
Replied by Tarheel06 on topic Tow dolly
Great to hear your experience with tow dolly, our tow car will be Toyota Camry on a dolly, not buying another car to do 4 down....any additional thoughts?

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds