Norcold Portable Refridgerator/Freezer

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #12789 by johnandmari
I am looking for help/guidance on our Norcold Portable Refrigerator/Freezer (Model MRTF-60). Recently, it stopped cooling. I checked around for a new/rebuilt cooling unit, as I suspect that is the cause. Would you believe suppliers want over $1300 for a cooling unit – WHAT, I can buy a new MRTF-60 for $750!!

Have any of you experienced this, and if so, what did you do? Can a local refrigeration repair shop rebuild the cooling unit, or will I have to buy a new Portable Refrigerator/Freezer. I’m certainly not going to buy a $1300+ cooling unit!

Any help you may provide me on this will be greatly appreciated!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #12790 by LamSan
If you decide you have to buy a new unit try shopping at AmericanRvCompany.com, we have found their prices are very reasonable.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #12791 by Hank85713
I read the responses you got on woodalls forum. From your description I would think its only a sensor that is your problem. I would get a checkup from a rv place that works on these rv frigerators 1st. If it cools, turns on etc but not freezing the thermostate is probably the culprit. CHeck out on your search engine thermostate for also norcold has many publications in a link I will see if I still have. If I remember right they will have PN's listed, check your owners manual and do a search. I had a refer problem and paid $100 to have troubleshooting and repair (part cost $65) but found same part in net for less than $30. Try this 1st.

I went to this site: www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/NorcoldRe...bid/287/Default.aspx

unit is no longer for sale but there is a pdf for parts and owners manual. It does list a thermostat and other parts as being available.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Hank85713. Reason: add a link

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds