Garmin nuvi 2555 GPS

More
10 years 1 month ago #12662 by subldo
Garmin nuvi 2555 GPS was created by subldo
I recently purchased this GPS unit with the lifetime maps feature. Out of the box I had to connect and get the latest maps update. During the download I got a message that said the unit did not have enough memory to load the complete contenental US maps. I had to settle for a regional map (southeast). This is a real bummer, never have had an issue with a GPS that could not download a complete US map. I downloaded the manual and could not find anything telling me what size micro SD card I need to be able to get a full map load. I'm assuming that adding an SD card to the unit will enable me to load a full map of the US.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Tried calling Garmin direct but was on hold forever so I gave up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12664 by ckuhn
Replied by ckuhn on topic Garmin nuvi 2555 GPS
I was told 4 thru 8 gig micro sd card I bought a 8 gig at Walmart and it works fine. I had the same problem as you now it works like it should .
I hope this helps you.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12669 by subldo
Replied by subldo on topic Garmin nuvi 2555 GPS
Thanks for the update. I had a few BEST BUY gift cards left over from Christmas so I got a 32gig micro SD card ( it was on sale) and did the map update again. This time it went thru and I got the entire US map loaded. We purchased the unit thru QVC and I'm a little put out that they did not say up front that we would need extra memory to get the full download of maps. I'll know better to ask next time.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds