New TT. What Add-on is Needed?

More
10 years 1 month ago #12658 by Scoutpylut
Buying my first RV, a Shasta-Oasis 21CK. Are there any technical or mechanical additions or modifications that you would recommend? What was the first thing you bought when you purchased a new RV? I'm planning to use it at PA State Parks once per month this first year. Maybe next year I'll get down to Dam Neck, one of our favorite beach spots.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12659 by floridakamper
That's a nice looking rig and welcome to the group. Folks that tow a TT will probably chime in with some must have's for towing. Find the nearest Camping World, grab your check book and walk through the store. You might want to subscribe to the magazine Trailer Life. This website that you've already found is a great resource. All the best and safe travels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scoutpylut

More
10 years 1 month ago #12660 by rebaird62025
Buy a water filter. Either external or permanent mountt.A water softner would be the extra mile. Know your systems, head lamp for hands free functions at night, that's when your gass bottle will run out, middle of night and cold.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12661 by Hank85713
Make sure it has a good battery charge circuit which is a maintainer. If it doesn't and you keep plugged in the system will eat your battery. I just added a charge wizard to our TT and it makes a difference.

A bottle jack, a torque wrench for the lug nuts, if you get a generator, get an electric lug wrench to run off of it. Most of this stuff available at harbor freight. If you do Camp world it will cost a small fortune. Wally world sells stuff that is compatible at cheaper prices particularly sewer hoses and water hoses. I keep a rechargable 1/2 inch drill with a swivel to run the levelers up and down. Sooooo much easier than cranking by hand. To make leveling easier, I added levels to the front and on 1 side at the front for quick and easy reference. Once you get it level add 2 to the interior at the fridge to make sure its level for use, lets the wife assist in the set up!

If you boon dock well you will need a small shovel, axe stuff like that I use the small garden sizes which I carry in the truck box. There are just so many things that you will find ya need its hard to recommend. PM me if ya have questions.

Hank

More
10 years 1 month ago #12675 by Hodge
My first RV was a 24 ft TT. After my first trip getting blown around on the interstate by the wind and/or 18 wheelers, I went and bought sway bars....a great investment that really helps stabilize the TT at highway speeds. Next, be very mindful of the tires on your TT. There are too many cheap Chinese-made tires being used by the RV industry, and you can read lots of horror stories on blowouts. For around $220 you can buy a Temperature-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for your TT tires. Easy to install the sensors on the valve stems and allows you to constantly monitor your TT tires' temp and pressure from your tow vehicle, giving you warning of a tire problem before it becomes a failure or blowout. A good investment as a blowout at highway speed will cause a lot more than $200 in damage to your TT. Welcome to the really enjoyable world of RV'ing!

More
10 years 1 month ago #12677 by Scoutpylut
Good tip about all the levels. And the one inside! Thanks

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds