5th Wheel Tire Upgrade

More
10 years 2 months ago #12571 by Hodge
5th Wheel Tire Upgrade was created by Hodge
Need some advice....just had a catastrophic tire failure while pulling my 36' 5th wheel at highway speed. I didn't realize what pieces of crap I had for tires that came on my 2014 Heartland Bighorn (TOWMAX ST235/80 16-E) until one of the tires failed and did over $3000 damage to my 5th wheel. Couldn't believe the hundreds upon hundreds of posts I found on different forums concerning TOWMAX tire failures. Anyway, not going to risk another failure even though I have less than 2000 miles on the tires. The plan is to buy 5 new tires....probably LT vs ST, and could use some advice on what brand/type to look for from some of you guys who may have been to this rodeo before. Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #12572 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic 5th Wheel Tire Upgrade
A friend of mine went to discoverer (?) LT tires for his 5th wheel. Got them at discount and they are Load Range E's. He also went up in size and added better wheels along with them. On my TT we went with Maxxis I think they were in LR E and also put better wheels on it. Mine are trailer tires and we have had no issues in 10000 miles.

I dont think any particular trailer tires are any good from everything I have read, particularly if you stay with the size that came on the unit. We had contemplated going to alaska thus the improved tires and wheels.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Hank85713. Reason: correct info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds