Briteview 2500 Transmitter for Television Retrofit

More
10 years 9 months ago #11876 by charliereed
In need of help with the setup of a HD antenna, to a Briteview 2500, to a wireless receiver, to a wireless TV (in that sequence). I'm in the process of replacing my old Motorhome TV with a 32" wireless HDMI flat screen. I will be purchasing a HD antenna and the 2500. My questions are: could I place the 2500 in an outside storage bin and run a HDMI coaxial cable from the antenna to the 2500? And, with the briteview 2500 is a wireless receiver required, or will it communicate direct with a wireless HDMI TV? I don't want to punch a hole in the coach to run the cable inside, and as I understand it the range of the 2500 would be sufficient to reach the wireless receiver inside the coach. I'm not tech savvy so go slow with me LOL. And, wondering if there's other wireless transmitters available that's less expensive. I was looking at Terk LF-30S Leapfrog Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter and Receiver System, but don't know if it will serve as a communicator between the antenna and receiver? Thanks, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #11877 by floridakamper
I have used the Terk Leap Frog at home and the ones I had were designed to operate from the satellite receiver to a tv (say in another room). I'm not familiar with the other equipment you mention. I can say that in my motorhome, convenience is important. I have Directv and a Kingdome on the roof. It will not get me HD which is OK because the expense of upgrading to a rooftop system capable of HD is not worth it to me. And my old eyes can barely discern the difference anyway. We are hooked on the ability to record programs so I installed a DVR for that capability. And the batwing antenna does pick up local programing frequently in HD. Good luck with your install. Hopefully someone is familiar with that other piece of equipment you're using.

More
10 years 9 months ago #11878 by charliereed
Thanks for the response. It sounds as though you have used good judgment with the TV connection. Kept it simple! I may turn to the same solution. I currently have the standard TV that came in my 2000 coach and have utilized a Directv tripod dish antenna for many years without problem. Just wanted to upgrade to the flat screen without having to rewire the coaxial cable, which I will not do. In reading the RV forums it led me to believe that it was not that big of a problem. Although expense becomes a factor when you start adding up the cost of the various components that it take to get the wireless system. Thanks again and safe travels, Charlie

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds