Oven

More
11 years 7 months ago #10509 by ssggoodhart
Oven was created by ssggoodhart
I don't know if it's me or my oven. I have never gotten it to work. seems like the one in my last trailer hardly worked either. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or there is a problem with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10510 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Re: Oven
what is it doing or not doing? Ours have all worked when we needed them to, this includes our old slide in camper for the PU. You just may need to check the line or the exhaust vent if it has one could be some critters have taken up housing. Do you get gas to the line? Is there a line from up top to the oven what is its condition?

Need a little more input to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssggoodhart

More
11 years 7 months ago #10511 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re: Oven
They're a real PITA to light Terry. If you're getting gas to your stovetop, the lines should be clear. To light the oven, you have to be patient. :laugh:

Get down on your hands and knees with the oven door open. If you look to the rear of the oven you'll see a bracket with a small piece of tubing coming out of it with a bulb on the end. Set the oven knob to "Pilot", press it in and hold it in. Using one of those long butane lighters, put the flame under that bulb and wait. Eventually you'll see the pilot light (small blue flame) come on. Keep holding the Pilot knob in for a little while and then let it go. The pilot light SHOULD stay lit. Then adjust the oven knob for the temperature you want and the burner should light after a little bit. Let the oven pre-heat, pop in your biscuits, and enjoy! :)

Of course, if the Pilot light doesn't stay lit you have to do the whole damn thing all over again! :angry:

Good luck!!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssggoodhart

More
11 years 7 months ago #10516 by ssggoodhart
Replied by ssggoodhart on topic Re: Oven
the stove top lights fine so I know gas is getting there. I had tried holding a lighter to the tube while I held the button but I'll look harder for that bulb. thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #10546 by ssggoodhart
Replied by ssggoodhart on topic Re: Oven
did as you suggested and it worked great! thanks!

More
11 years 7 months ago #10547 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re: Oven
Glad it worked!! ;)

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds