Carriage Replacement parts

More
11 years 8 months ago #10410 by dbert513
So...my sister stayed with us a couple nights in our 2009 Carriage Cameo and decided a nice breeze would be good while sleeping. So...she 'opened' the window over the couch on the non-door side. ....yup....the emergency exit window. Well, we get all hooked up hit the road the next morning and she hasn't completely closed and latched the glass. First big truck that passed us literally sucked the glass out. I looked in the side mirror just in time to see our window fly out and smash into the trailer into a bazillion pieces! So...to the point now. Since Carriage is out of business...does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this window? Those familiar with Carriage know that these are unique frame-less windows. In addition, this particular window requires the hardware for the exit clips. HELP I'll try to add a picture when I can get it in the light of day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10415 by dbert513
Well....after a couple days I see there have been a few views of my post, but no replies. That tells me that no one really knows much about how to find replacement windows. SO! ...after a bit of research, I did find an answer! For those that find themselves in a similar predicament, go right to the source. I found out that Carriage uses Hehr windows in their units. www.hehrintl.com/
I called them and they directed me to their distributor, Parkin Accessories parkin-acc.com/index.html in Elkhart. Now I just have to get them to call me back to get this thing ordered.
And I guess these windows aren't so unique anymore. The are great windows.....glad to see other manufacturers are switching!

Attachment cameo071.JPG not found

Not real pretty, but it'll do the job until i can get a replacement glass.
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #10416 by Sarge3398
Glad you found the answer! ;)

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds