Air Conditioner on a Carriage Cameo

More
11 years 10 months ago #10135 by dbert513
Have a problem with the AC in my 2009 Cameo. Carriage is out of business so I can't ask them. It's a Carrier low profile model 68RV14113A. Carrier is also no longer making RV ACs. Boy...did I pick'em or what?! I need to find out if anyone else has had to replace the Carrier in their Carriage and how they handled it. The unit controls the heater as well as the AC and has a remote to control both....NO wall unit. Lose the remote, and you're pretty much screwed. We were leaking coolant (I'm assuming the pink fluid coming out with the water was coolant) and the fan motor isn't turning freely anymore. I replaced the bearings on the fan motor and year and a half ago, but I still can't find the leak and the motor is back to having issues. I think the best thing is to replace the entire unit, but, what would fit and cost less than an arm and leg to match up with the configuration of a Carrier low profile? Thoughts? Anyone? Beuller? Frye?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10136 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Air Conditioner on a Carriage Cameo
Try calling PPL Motorhomes, big on parts and they sell Coleman, Duo-Therm and Carrier AC units, phone #800-755-4775.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10504 by rwangen
I know you posted this quite awhile ago, but.....

I have had good luck going back to the dealer that I bought my Cameo from. Most problems are not Carriage specific and can be handled by any RV dealer. I think you AC problem would fit into that category.

Good luck!
Bob

More
11 years 7 months ago #10506 by dbert513
I finally gave up and bought a Coleman Mach 15. I haven't run the wires for the thermostat through the wall yet, but it's all hooked up and now I have to wear socks around the RV! It does a kick butt job! Thanks for all the tips folks!

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds